Archive for spicy cream sauce
So Mark and I picked up some of this spice. We were so excited to give it a try. Be careful though! It’s not so spicy but more super salty. So check out my balanced recipe of spice and creaminess. Perfect on pasta!\
What You Will Need:
oil, 2 tbsp
red onion, medium, sliced
red pepper, half, sliced
cajun seasoning of your choice, 1 tbsp
red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon
grated parm, 1/8 cup
fat-free half-and-half, 1/4 cup (or more depending on how much you want to make)
pasta water, 1/3 cup
1. In a pan, drizzle some oil.
2. Add the red pepper flakes to flavor the oil.
3. Add the red onions, cook on medium heat to get them soft.
4. Add the red pepper, and cook down ’til they are just soft.
5. Add the cajun seasoning.
6. Next add the half-and-half.
7. Add the parm!
8. Reserve some of the cooked pasta water. This will help loose the sauce up and help it stick to the pasta. Enjoy!