These are fantastic. They are the ultimate pre-portioned comfort food! I made this for myself (a vegetarian) and my meat eating husband.
What You Will Need:
pie crust, your favorite double recipe
carrots, 1 cup, chopped
onion, 1 small chopped
celery, 4 stalks, chopped
peas,frozen, 3/4 cup
olive oil, 2 tablespoons
flour, 2 tablespoon
salt & pepper
crushed bay leaves, 1 tablespoon
basil, 1/2 tablespoon
parsley, 1/2 tablespoon
thyme, 1/2 tablespoon
mushroom or veggie broth, 1 1/2 to 2 cups
skim milk, 1/8 – 1/4 cup
chicken, 2 breasts poached, chopped
1. In a pot, put the oil, carrots, and onion over medium heat. Cook until the carrots start to soften. When this happens, add the celery. Let cook until all veggies have a slight “bite”. Add all the seasonings and herbs to coat.
2. Add the flour and coat the veggies. Cook the raw flour flavor.
3. Add the stock/broth and then splash with milk. Add the peas. Let cook until bubbly and thick.
4. Poach the chicken in some broth or water. Chop into bite size pieces.
5. Line a muffin pan with mini pie circles.
6. Fill those puppies! Half with just the creamy mixture, the other half with the creamy mixture and chicken.
7. Top and bake in 350 degree oven until brown.
8. So delicious!