I didn’t have wine on me for my sisters excellent crock-pot fresh tomato sauce, so here is my version of an easy homemade sauce.
What You Will Need:
tomatoes, diced, 4 1/2 pounds
onion, medium, diced
tomato paste, one small can
dried basil, 1 tablespoon
dried italian seasoning, 1 1/2 tablespoons
fresh oregano, 1 tablespoond
fresh basil, 1 tablespoon
dried parsley, 1/2 tablespoon
sugar, 2 1/2 tablespoons
salt & pepper
olive oil, 1 tablespoon
1. Get your crockpot ready, put in the oil.
2. Put the rest of the ingredients in the crock pot.
3. Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
4. Immersion blend the mixture.
5. Cook for an additional hour.
6. Portion and freeze until you are ready to eat!