These are so cute and so easy! The flavors mesh so well and are heavenly together.
What You Will Need:
pie crust (I made mine in the food processor)
black beans, 1 can drained and rinsed
sweet potato, 1 cup cubed and soft (you can do this in the microwave)
peppers, roasted red & fresh green, chopped
onion, 1/4 cup finely chopped
cilantro, 1 tablespoon
cumin, 1/2 tablespoon
chili powder, 1/2 tablespoon
hot sauce, a hefty squeeze
garlic powder, 1 tablespoon
olives, 1/4 cup whole, then sliced
salt & pepper
1. In a bowl, heat the sweet potato until soft. Add all the ingredients except pie crust and mash with the back of a fork or potato masher until slightly mixed.
2. Roll out pie crust, and using a knife cut squares. Place them in muffin liners.
3. Fill the crusts and fold the corners in.
4. Cut extra pie crust into ribbons to make a crosshair on the top of each tart.
5. Bake in 400 degree oven until golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with cheese and my favorite sauce, 2 tablespoons ranch dressing + 1/2 tablespoon saracha hot sauce. Spicy and creamy on top!
A hearty meal and so adorable!