Last night was one of those nights where I was tired, had an evergrowing to do list, was short on time, and still hadn’t thought of what to make for dinner. I had a chat with my Nana and she gave me the great idea to make Stuffed Shells.
I still needed to exercise for the day, so I went on a run to our favorite grocery store and picked up some large shells and ricotta cheese.
> Large Pasta Shells, 1 box
> Your favorite red sauce (like our recipe), as needed
> red pepper flakes, as desired
> Fresh herbs (I used oregano, tarragon, basil), 3 tbsp
> Italian Seasoning, dried, 1 tsp
> Garlic powder, 2 tsp
> frozen broccoli, small dice, 1 1/2 cups
> ricotta cheese, part-skim, small container
> parmesean, shredded, 1/4 cups
> chicken tenders, three
> bread crumbs
1. In a medium size bowl, mix together the ricotta, herbs, seasoning, broccoli, parmesean, garlic powder, and salt & pepper.
And get this!
2. Cook shells as directed, drain, and then coat with thin layer of pasta sauce to prevent them from sticking together.
3. Place red pepper flakes in the bottom of two baking dishes. Put a thin layer of red sauce on the bottom of the dishes.
4. Fill the shells with the cheese fillings and arrange in baking dishes. Cover the tops with sauce.
5. Place in a 375 degree oven while you prepare the chicken. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, dip the chicken in a milk and egg mixture. Then coat in the bread crumbs and flour. Cook in oil until golden brown.
6. Pull one of the dishes with the shells out and place the chicken around the dish.
7. Sprinkle some parmesean cheese on cook until bubbly and cheese is melted.
– Katie @ BloomEveryday
What is your favorite go-to meal when you cannot think of what to make?